· In the Middle East and African region, operators are increasingly developing online stores and marketing OTT services through OTT partnerships to increase 4G-compatible Smartphones.
· Over the next five years, growth in 4G subscriptions will largely be driven by continued adoption across Middle Eastern countries and in relatively developed African telecoms markets.
Ken Research announced its latest publication on, “4G Commercial Strategies in Africa and the Middle East”, which provides detailed insights into the 4G trends within the African and Middle Eastern telecommunication market. The publication also includes driving forces behind the growth trend the 4G market is taking in the African and Middle East (AME) region. In addition, the publication includes various strategies which the leading players in the AME telecommunication industry will be using for commercialization, client segmentation, products, pricing, and promotion and for distribution.
The demand for 4G is driven by strengthening of the supply side as more and more telecom operators have adopted aggressive strategies for increasing awareness and market penetration. Specifically, in the MENA (Middle Eastern and North Africa) region, the operators have taken focused particularly on developing online stores and creating awareness about their OTT services through OTT partnerships. This has helped them in two ways. First, they were able to increase the availability of 4G-compatible smartphones and secondly, they were able to achieve greater data bundle adoption.
Marketing is the key for success for operators in the 4G business within the AME region. The battle for market shares between the key players is getting fiercer as each one of them is using their advantages to gain consumer attention and loyalty. There are two directions in which these operators concentrate their marketing efforts. Firstly, there is the unique selling point (USP) of their product which is developed using the company’s core competency. On the other hand, there are operators like Turk Telecom who have large market shares and they attract consumers by their high service quality feature.
However, there are many challenges which the operators will have to face before they can achieve greater market penetration in the AME region. To begin with, there exists the extremely high costs for network rollouts. For small or local operators, this is a huge limitation as they might not have enough resources that can suffice the need of developing a 4G network. Operators would have to deploy a mix of strategies for commercializing the services. These strategies would depend upon various factors such as suitable devices, client segmentation, competitive prices, effective promotional campaigns and optimal use of distribution networks.
If the operators are able to overcome the hurdles, then the 4G uptake in the AME region is projected to grow fast in the coming few years. However, it is also projected that there will be a limited rollout initially more focused on areas as such Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, South Africa and Nigeria.
Some of the driving forces behind increased demand in the 4G industry are as follows-:
· Increased emphasis on digitalization, i.e. the digital revolution
· Greater smartphone adoption
· Greater penetration of mobile data in remote areas as well
· Most governments also focus on the use of Internet to cut down on infrastructural costs
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
– Detailed insights regarding the adoption of 4G in the AME region
– Market data regarding subscriptions by technology in AME region
– 4G market trend in AME region
– Smartphone sales in AME region
– Frequency spectrum and 4G in AME region
– Mobile 4G service availability across AME region
– Detailed 4G commercial strategies overview in the AME region
– Detailed 4G industry client segmentation in the AME region
– 4P’s of the various operators
– Case studies
– Key findings and recommendations
To know more on coverage, click on the link below:
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications